The solar water pump is the most attractive way of supplying water in sunny areas in the world today, especially in remote areas lacking electricity. It utilizes the inexhaustible solar energy that is available everywhere, and the system automatically operates at sunrise and rests at sunset, without personnel supervision, and the maintenance workload can be reduced to a minimum.
Only when the solar water pump is installed correctly following these steps, it can exert its due performance and operating efficiency.
Set up the solar panel stand
A Solar panel does the work of supporting the pump and consists of I beams and C Channels. Before you start building this metal framework, you must find out the appropriate solar angle. The solar angle is the optimum angle at which the panels or pump will receive the maximum sunlight. Angle the panels towards the sun and to find it you can use an online calculator.
Also, you need to paint all the beams and channels with a layer of anti-rust or anti-corrosion paint so as to avoid them from getting corroded in the future. Build the metal framework after this.
Beam placement and foundation
Follow the given steps to place the I Beam and set up the foundation:
(1) Firstly, dig a hole of dimensions 2 ft x 2ft x 2ft in the ground followed by adding concrete into it.
(2) Place the I beam into the hole in such a way that it is at a right angle to the ground.
(3) Fill the hole with concrete after ensuring 2 ft of the beam is in the ground.
(4) Place another beam at a distance of 24.46 ft from the first one following the same procedure.
Add lower C Channel
Now you need to place a lower C Channel by following the given steps:
(1) Place the C Channel parallel to the ground and ensure this by using a level bottle.
(2) Now bolt each of the ends of the C Channel to the I Beams. Use stainless steel bolts and nuts for this.
Add other beams and channels
In this step, you need to add the remaining beams and channels following the given steps:
(1) Add 2-7 ft I beam on top of 2-11 ft I beams. Attach a 24.46 ft C-Channel to the beams.
(2) Now in the two remaining corners, place and fit the 2-11 ft I beam perpendicular to the ground.
(3) Like before, add the remaining channels to these beams.
(4) You also need to add the inclined channel which has dimensions 5×20.84 ft.
Adding solar panels
Once all the beams and channels are fixed, you need to add the solar panels. You need to add 21 of these panels.
For fixing the panels, you first need to bolt them to the C-Channels. The distance between them should be 0.25 ft from each side. Connect the solar panels by first opening the solar panel connector box and then using a multimeter to find the polarity of the solar panel. Connect 7 solar panels in series to form one string. 3 such strings will be thus formed.
Make the electrical connections
In order to get output out of the framework, you need to make the appropriate electrical connections. Remember that the solar pump system controller is the brain of this installation process and it's working. This controller regulates the current supplied to the pump from the panels.
Now that you know the detailed process of installing a solar water pump, it is always better that you contact a professional for the same since this process may seem easy but is rather complicated and involves the usage of many parts and tools. If you are looking for solar water pump installation services, then you can contact TPON for professional advice.
With excellent R&D technology and high-quality products and services, TPON has quickly become one of the leading manufacturers of solar hot water pumps. We take the needs of our customers first, establish a strict quality inspection system and a comprehensive management team, and control the quality of our products in an all-around way. At the same time, we will also provide customers with effective solution technology and thoughtful one-stop service. If you want to buy our solar water pump, please contact us immediately!